Suzuki Marine unveils latest "Big Block" DF150AP/DF175AP outboard motors
Posted on 12th October 2016
The Haines Group, distributors of Suzuki Marine outboards, has announced the release of its new high performance, 4-cylinder DF150AP/DF175AP 4-stroke outboard motors.
Repackaged with the latest refinements and innovations as seen in the DF200AP (released in April 2015), the DF150AP and DF175AP offer the same lightweight and compact design while boasting the largest displacement in their respective classes (2,867cm3), for outstanding performance and power.
Equipped with the same 2.9 litre “Big Block” in-line 4-cylinder DOHC engine, the new outboards also feature a higher 10.2:1 compression ratio generating more power to deliver exceptional acceleration and low end torque.
Suzuki’s Selective Rotation, a key feature of the AP models, means the motors can be configured for either regular or counter-clockwise operation for vessels equipped with multiple engines.
Options available with the DF150AP/DF175AP include the joystick system, which utilises Suzuki Precision Control to provide fully integrated electronic throttle, shift, steering and joystick control for a seamless driving experience and greater manoeuvrability, no matter the condition or speed.
“The new Suzuki DF150AP/DF175AP motors demonstrate why there is no other outboard brand like it in the world – Suzuki Marine is truly unique,” said Mr Sean Allen, National Marketing Manager Aust/NZ.
“You may think all outboards look the same, but once you get under the surface you’ll see why those in the know choose Suzuki Marine.
“We pioneered technology such as Lean Burn Control System and Suzuki Precision Control for outstanding fuel economy, offset driveshaft and maintenance-free timing chains for reduced noise and lower servicing costs – innovations that feature in these new models,” said Mr Allen.
Whether customers are looking to repower or buy a brand new motor in the higher hp range that’s an alternative to V6 power, the new generation DF150AP/DF175AP showcase why Suzuki Marine is the ultimate 4-stroke.
The DF150AP/DF175AP are available to order now in two colours, Pearl Nebular Black or Cool White, and feature new 3D decals. Contact your local Suzuki Marine dealer for more information.
Features of the new DF150AP/DF175AP:
- “Big Block” in-line 4-cylinder engine utilises a large 2,867cm3 displacement and high compression ratio to generate 129.0kW (175PS) and 110.0kW (150PS) for impressive acceleration and low end torque
- Suzuki Lean Burn Control System combined with Suzuki Precision Control for greater fuel efficiency over a wide operating range while smoothing power transitions when power is needed
- Suzuki Selective Rotation allows the same engine to be configured for either regular or counter clock-wise operation
- Semi Direct Air Intake System provides the engine with cooler airflow to enhance power output
- O2 Sensor Feedback Control System
- Anti-corrosion finish
- Available in two colours – Pearl Nebular Black or Cool White